Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer Fun 2014 // Pit Stop in Zion National Park

The morning after Graduation, we packed up our backpacks with sleeping bags, tents, bathing suits, trail mix, and dehydrated meals--the bare necessities for a backpacking adventure in Havasupai. Jason's brothers, aunt, uncles, and cousins met at our house, we packed up the trucks/cars, and headed for our first stop: Zion National Park. 

Just outside Nephi, Utah, in the pouring rain, Jason's aunt's car broke down. So we sat and waited for about two hours until her husband came to trade cars with us. Needless to say, the late 90s Chevy Colorado wasn't quite as spacious or luxurious as the Buick Enclave that broke down, but we were so grateful to be back on the road again. 

Here are some of the photos from our Angel's Landing hike in Zion National Park







You see those little colorful specks? Yes, those are human beings. And yes, we climbed that spine, too.
(The whole time we were hiking I was having a panic attack because it's reckless people on these types of cliffs that I treated in the Shock/Trauma ICU just weeks before we hiked here. Even now, I look back at these photos and I cannot believe we hiked that. But would I do it again in a heartbeat? Absolutely.) 


Jason, Me, Brittany, James holding on for dear life



Don't tell my dad I did this.


Me and the handsome Brase boys (Logan, Jason, and Michael).
Those Brase boys. They are fantastic. So fun, kind, funny, smart, talented, and HANDSOME! I think am the luckiest girl in the world to be part of the Brase family. 

Next post: Havasupai. 


No comments:

Post a Comment