Once upon a time, I went to Paris. It was oh so fun and oh so lovely. Here are some of the things I did:
Ate escargot. (I felt like I had to since I was in Paris, after all. It actually didn't taste too bad. The fact that it was smothered in garlic and herbs helped a lot)
Climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe.
And looked at the twelve streets that originate at the base of the Arc and stretch out away from it. It really is the center of the city.
Enjoyed beautiful views of the Eiffel Tower. That's when I really felt like we were in Paris.
The Arc was pretty large.
Climbed 668 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower (no, we did not take the elevator. it was all part of the experience).
Then we enjoyed the views.
Pure joy.
We went back that night to see the Eiffel Tower glow and sparkle. But seriously, it sparkles and twinkles for five minutes every hour on the hour once the sun goes down and nighttime sets in. When it first started, I thought it was just hundreds of cameras flashing because tourists were up there. Nope, it was sparkling and twinkling.
It was one of the most magical things I have ever seen.
This city really does make you lovesick.
We went to Notre Dame
And ate the best crepe of my life. It had banana, nutella, and toasted coconut in it. Oh man. I ate a lot of crepes in Europe, and this one was BY FAR the best.
Found this cool bridge. Couples come here with a personalized padlock, lock it onto the bridge, and throw the key into the river. Then their love will last forever :)
Don't worry. I did the educational things in Paris, too. We went to the Louvre and D'Orsay museums. I saw the Mona Lisa (definitely overrated). Went to Saint Chapelle (beautiful stained glass) and the Conciergerie (where they kept prisoners during the French Revolution). Went to Latin Quarter and Luxembourg Gardens. And had some really great food from adorable bakeries and cafes.
Paris, I love you.











No comments:
Post a Comment